Friday, April 22, 2016

Breanna Davis "It's you"

It's you

Dear divorce you ruined me
You are a monster
A thef in the night that stole my life
I spend my time alone in my room
Waiting for that day to come soon
To reclaim what you took from me
Cloudy rainstorm in my eyes, it’s hard to see
Hard to see what i’ll become after this, who ill be
And you man over there you made it difficult to love
Difficult to believe in the guy upstairs the father up above
Balled in my bed drinking my tears
Oh everything is fine it’s ok, so it appears
You are like a child
Its sad because you are nothing to me
If you really wanted to go you would leave
But you dont
You are like a dried up ocean with a boat
Stuck in your ways going no where
I dont care
But for some reason I still do
You will always think the sky is purple
I will never be able to convince you
It is blue
Dear divorce its not you
Its he
The man who is half of me
I wish i could sew my ears shut
And throw out my gut
For they will be no use for me
Fall to the ground break down on the floor
Run away walk out the door
Go
If you never leave you’ll never know
You are a nightmare i refuse to live
And my strength i refuse to give
Im sorry but you were a waste
You were never to my liking
Never to my taste.

Image result for girl alone in a room of dark room


I choose this poem because it speaks to me, it's my voice. I didn't feel like i should just choose a poem I liked because why choose someone else's work when i can write a poem myself and instead of someone speaking for me. I don't have to relate to feelings because they are mine.

The feeling of my poem and the words I used expresses emotion. If that doesn't I don't know what does because in this poem I really tried my best to pour my soul and thoughts into this poem but not to much but just a little bit. The lines that showed the most emotions to me was "I wish i could sew my ears shut And throw out my gut
For they will be no use for me", this shows the most emotion because this means I don't want to listen to the screaming and yelling anymore, throw out my gut means i get so nervous when it comes to telling this person what is best and what i want that's why I would be better off without it.
It tells a story because it's my reality. Everybody has a story about their life, this is mine. But at the same time it's more like a letter i'd want to write to this person but can't. This is like a place in my brain I hardly visit because it doesn't matter what your circumstances are it just matters where your going.
I would speak these lines to know one, but to me this is probably the best poem i've written because i love poetry i'd rather not say who it's for because it's pretty obvious. These lines are not for the happy people but the deep people.

No comments:

Post a Comment