Friday, April 22, 2016

Luis Frias - Tupac Shakur - "If I Fail"

My Favorite Poem
"No father - no money - no chance and no guide
I only follow my voice inside
If it guides me wrong and I do not win
I'll learn from my mistakes and try 2 achieve again"
- Tupac Shakur

Resited by Luis Frias

Why I Chose This Poem
The main reason why I chose this poem would be because I am able to relate towards it. I am able to relate when it speaks about having no father and no guide. It is a hard time in a persons life when a family member decides to leave the family, whether it would be a brother, sister, mother, or a father. It is especially rough when that person who leaves, you once looked at them as your role model. I don't generally pick poems just because they're cool, I pick them because they speak to me in a way that only I can understand.

I Would Read This To
 I believe that I could read these lines to anyone because many people decide to look down on themselves just because they failed once. I, personally, think that these lines are for everyone. Everyone deserves to listen or read these lines at least once because it is a powerful poem that speaks about something many people go through.






Why I Picked This Image
I chose this picture because it expands on the thought that was explained in the poem. It shows how even the most successful people in the world failed many times to get in the position they are now. What matters isn't how many times you fail, but how many times you get up and keep trying. This image tells a story because Michael Jordan is one of the greatest basketball players to ever step foot on the court and even he admits to failing many times on his rise to the NBA and in the NBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment