Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Shake the Dust

                                                                        Shake The Dust
                                                                        Anis Mojgani


Image result for bulliesWhy I chose this poem is because of how it spoke to me and told me that I have done some of the things she speaks about in her poem. One of my favorite quotes is ¨ This is for the schoolyard wimps and the childhood bullies who tormented them¨. because I was once a bully and once a wimp. My other favorite quote is ¨ This is for the benches and the people sitting upon them¨. because I have sat on a bench before mostly to take a break and gain energy back. The reason I chose these lines is because I was once a bully that thought he was strong and scary, I was also a wimp that thought everyone would bully me when they saw me. I also was some that used a bench for almost everything like naps, playgrounds, and just sitting down in general. The quotes and I felt like we had a connection that I never had before.
Image result for bulliesImage result for cool benches

No comments:

Post a Comment